[AMRadio] HVAC RFI Question

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Fri Aug 11 12:30:37 EDT 2017

Update,

    The new system is mostly in, but duct work continues. Good news and
bad news. The good news is that overnight the humidity dropped to 50%,
and the "comfort feel" was really good. The new thermostat has a setting
for humidity, and it will be set to 55%. There will be some level of
ventilation ongoing to maintain that, so the temp and humidity should
not be going up and down like it would with a conventional system which
has two modes, ON, and OFF.

    The bad news is RFI, but not sure yet. The AC system is at one end
of the home, and the Ham antenna is at the other end. The house is 1
level Ranch style, so it is a good distance between the AC and the Ham
antenna. I have a little Sony portable in the master bathroom "reading
room" (not far from AC), and I can say that some of the local BS
stations are blocked (1370AM), as is 80m, 40m..Not good. Looks like I
have some work to do. Sigh...

Jim

Wd5JKO