[AMRadio] Globe Champion 300/350

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Thu Dec 28 08:58:14 EST 2017

I recall that Hoisy Hosington w4cjl (sk) used a 7094 in his Champ. I did a conversion too, way back in the early 1980's. I used a pair of 4-65's.

I am not aware of any conversion instructions. Instead, a sense of adventure, a tube manual, and some experimentation is required. The original ax9909 tubes had 12v filaments. Adding a 6.3v filament transformer is easy, with plenty of room.

Jim

Wd5JKO

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 5:21 AM -0600, "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo at gmail.com> wrote:

I'm not 100% sure but I think Jim W5JO did some kind of conversion to
a different tube but I don't remember what he did.

73
Rob
K5UJ