[AMRadio] GPS Time

Robert Bethman oldrotorheadsarge at outlook.com
Wed Feb 22 20:00:40 EST 2017

Take a look at: <http://www.gps.gov/applications/timing/>.

What it says is that *each* GPS Satellite has multiple atomic clocks on-board.

The GPS Satellite System Synchronizes within its self to keep accurate time.

The loss of NIST in Fort Collins should NOT alter GPS timing.

Regards, Bob - N0DGN

P.S. This also why I am in the process of developing a 1PPS Trimble Revolution Board System that will lock a 10MC Oscillator with the GPS System.  This will keep a 10MC reference in my shack no matter what happens to NIST or the inability to set my transceiver as close as possible to a very tight standard.