[AMRadio] GK500 OTA almost

Collin n4tua at aol.com
Tue Jan 3 08:33:35 EST 2017

Well, I have had many great responses. Thank you all.
First of all some more info. I am testing using a cantenna dummy load with only the RF deck and the Power Supply deck lashed together with a  home-brew HV power supply made from parts of an old BC-610 PS. Rectifiers are SS and all of the rest of the PS is BC-610 parts. I am using a variac to dial down the HV to about 1800 vdc. I am monitoring HV as I go.
I am using a crystal and it is on 3883 kcs.
The final tank is stock. There is some problem with the coarse load switch but the problem contact finger is not being used.
Parasitic oscillations sound possible.  Now that I think about it there is NO parasitic choke. I will have to look at the schematic when I get back home to see if it is shown. It did not have one when I got it. My 2 meter rig nearby does occasionally pick up hash when key down on GK500.
I hope everyone who replied to my post can see all of the responses here. I will send my comments to the reflector so all can see.

Thank you, Collin