[AMRadio] GK500 OTA almost

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 09:08:29 EST 2017

>  Now that I think about it there is NO parasitic choke. I will have to look at the schematic when I get back home to see if it is shown. It did not have one when I got it. My 2 meter rig nearby does occasionally pick up hash when key down on GK500.

Oh my gosh, first thing is to get a couple 2 watt 200 ohm carbons and
parallel them and strip some no. 14 solid copper wire and wind a 4
turn coil around the resistors and put that assembly in series with
the plate and see what that does.  coil diameter 1/2 inch 1/16 inch
spacing between turns approximately.

rob
k5uj