[AMRadio] GK500 OTA almost

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Tue Jan 3 12:23:30 EST 2017

Good point!
"Over-the-air programming (OTA) refers to various methods of distributing new software, configuration settings, and even updating encryption keys to devices like cellphones, set-top boxes or secure voice communication equipment (encrypted 2-way radios)"
The GK500A does not have a VFO, so if they run Rev B firmware in a Rev A GK, then they will either get a checksum error or a 404 error. Then of course if one goes to www.wrl.com in Council Bluffs Iowa, they can download the correct firmware. If there are any questions, email Leo at Leo.Myerson at wrl.com
JimWd5JKO