[AMRadio] GK500 OTA almost

Collin n4tua at aol.com
Tue Jan 3 21:21:26 EST 2017

Now wait a minute. I may be sleepy but I think that there is a wiring problem in the buffer amp plate circuit. It is not wired like the schematic.

Anyway, I am out of time right now. Will be back in front of it tomorrow evening. More to come. You guys are giving me all sorts of things to look at and I am so slow. I may be on to something in this buffer amp plate circuit though. I took the parasitic choke out and there was a capacitor attached with it, they both checked good but while looking at the schematic verses what was hooked up something looks wrong.

Let me tell you about this jewel. I bought it for a song but it was in sad shape when I got it. It had been sitting in a barn and then in a carport and had been wet and did I say rusty? Really rusty. I tore it down and sandblasted the chassis and painted them. Then cleaned and checked this as I reassembled. Painted transformers back to black. It looks nice. I have not done the front panels yet. I want RF out if this rig first. Anyway, you might be able to tell, at this point that I am in a personal relationship with this mess. Have been for years. Told you I was slow.

So for now goodnight, see you at 0415.

Good Day, Collin

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."  Woody Allen