[AMRadio] Power off is fun

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 20:52:39 EST 2017

Interesting article, millennials lack of understanding of how everyday things work, or don't work is quite common which also follows into millennials as hams too, in many cases.  That may explain the love of the SDR and it's computer interface.  I agree though, when the power goes off around here, my battery supplied VLF rig comes out and it is amazing how quiet the band is, even at midday.  Strange the FCC is all worried about hams on the VLF interfering with whatever, but all that whatever is allowed to obliterate everything else on or near its spectrum.

Charlie W4MEC in NC