[AMRadio] 'A' battery

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 00:13:13 EST 2017

Sounds like one of those funky 50s batteries, Charlie. Something weird like
a long C cell with a 9 volt type clip on one end?

I have a number of sets here that use 1.5 volt filament voltage, but their
A cell is/was a typical old dry cell. Haven't seen one of those in years,
but at least someone is making cases that you can stuff a bunch of D cells
into and it looks the same.

Been playing with an old Radiola Senior lately with a single WD-11 tube. A
lot of fun. I use a single D cell for filament and three 9 volt cells for
the B voltage. Bought a few cheapy plastic battery holders online and
hooked them to a board. Not pretty but works fine.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4