[AMRadio] [AM Radio] The group

Paul Baldock paul at paulbaldock.com
Fri Jul 14 17:58:48 EDT 2017

I think there would be more interest in this group if members would
actually get on the air, and maybe on a band that you might talk to
somebody other than across town.

Despite what you think, propagation is not zero in this sunspot
minimum. Almost every day of the week I can work somebody in Europe
form here on the West Coast on 40m and 20m using SSB, CW and digital
modes. A couple of times a week I call CQ on the AM frequencies on
those bands without a reply. Similarly during the summer months there
is terrific 10m Sporadic E propagation around the US, but again no AM
activity. that I have found

So from my perspective if you started actually using AM it might
generate more to talk about on this reflector.

- Paul KW7Y