[AMRadio] The group

manualman at juno.com manualman at juno.com
Fri Jul 14 18:50:51 EDT 2017

Looking back through the archives (AM and others) over the years, the
number of postings have dropped on a number of text-based reflectors.
Over the last few years, the number of Internet based forums for a number
of our traditional modes and manufacturers has also increased in
proportion. They provide the ability to post pictures, files, and other
amenities not available to text-based reflectors so, for many, they have
an advantage and appeal especially for those who may have entered into
AM, boatanchors, Heathkits, etc. over the last few years and aren't
familiar or care about text-based only reflectors.

Obviously Jim, given the number of responses to your post already, it
shows concern of something that might go away, but in the long term, it
still doesn't guarantee any real up tick in overall activity. If Brian
and others feel the need to move on to other things, it's possible the AM
reflector ownership and moderation could be managed by others if they're
willing to step forward.

Pete, wa2cwa