[AMRadio] The group

Bill Guyger bguyger at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 20:31:26 EDT 2017

Jim and the group

I seriously don't know what it costs to maintain this mailer, but it has been a blessing to a lot of us. I totally agree that usage seems down on a lot of lists, but as an example the R-390A reflector is silent for periods and then someone will ask a question and here comes a ton of answers.

We who care about AM and heavy iron are a minority so we need to stick up for ourselves. There's a ton of knowledge present in the list membership. For example, Jim Tonne is a guru of filters and networks and knows where of he speaks about processing from many years in broadcasting. I wouldn't consider myself a master by any stretch, but I was recently able to help another ham with info on Bauer 707's.

I'm pretty sure a lot of us have fallen into taking the list for granted and I do apologize on my behalf but it would sure be a blessing to all us over the hill burnout AMers :-) if you guys could keep it going.

It's a shame about Boatanchors but I believe (can't recall his name....sorry) who founded the group is either a SK or is in declining health. I was able to obtain a lot of parts from other members. I built a 813 based transmitter out of the '55 handbook and restore a RCA Radiola 18 with help of other guys on the list. I need a capacitor for the RCA, and a member pulled it out of a parts radio and sent it to me. Couldn't help but feel ironic about installing a capacitor that was older than I was the in a radio that was older than I was......

Bill AD5OL

Sent from my iPhone