[AMRadio] Comment

chuck maurer lomaurer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 00:25:22 EDT 2017

Hello everyone, my name is Chuck W5API. I am one of the ones lurking in the shadows and soaking up knowledge. I have been reading the list for several years and have learned a lot about AM, etc here from the experts. I am a retired engineer from IBM and could give a flip about all the new digital nonsense. Instead I have a burning desire to understand were we came from and the engineering art that went into the older equipment from the 40's, 50's and 60's. These were masterpieces of engineering design and that tradition should be carried forward. Currently I am resurrecting an ART-13 complete with dynamotor and getting close to putting it on the air with a R-390A. Killing the AM Group would be like shutting down Electric Radio magazine.
73's
Chuck
W5API
Wimberley, Texas