[AMRadio] AM activity on 15 and 10...and 6!

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 12:59:20 EDT 2017

I was working on an RME 2-11 receiver and had it hooked to my 6 meter dipole.  Beacons started boiling in from the west and midwest.  I  got on my shack rig and yagi and called CQ on CW and SSB on their appropriate frequencies,  and AM on  50.4......nada.  Don't forget 50.4 if you have the ability.  We have a local net here in my area that meets weekly.  There have been times where we had to quit because of all the AM sigs coming in, and start working them.  Funniest story involved a fellow in Nova Scotia who was apparently talking across town to somebody on 50.4.  He said he was going QRT due to all the QRM, while multiple stations were calling him.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC