[AMRadio] The group

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sat Jul 15 23:44:33 EDT 2017

Something that no doubt diminishes the apparent volume of activity on this
and other lists, is an error when replying to a posted message, which I
sometimes find myself committing.

One must remember to click "Reply All" and not just "Reply" when composing a
response.  If you click "Reply", your  response will be sent only to the
originator of the message and not to the whole  list.

annoying to the sender, who receives two copies of the same message, the
direct one and the one via the list.

At least that's the way it works with my e-mail program.

Better still, edit what's in the "To" bar to include only
"amradio at mailman.qth.net", unless you specifically wish to respond privately
to the originator.

Responding privately to the originator deprives others on the list of your
input to the topic.

I frequently catch myself in this error, and then have to re-send a copy of
the message to the list if I want others to see it.

Don k4kyv

---