[AMRadio] Liberty Ship RX

ARS W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 09:07:10 EDT 2017

​I bought a 60Hy choke from Brett/N2DTS in New Jersey, good for ~400mA.
I paralleled a pair of 4uF @4kVDC oil-filled caps to couple the AC from the
modulation transformer to the final side of the 60Hy choke.

Heh ... Zero bias on a pair of 250TH's in class B is 1500vDC and ~220mA.
That's where I ran it, and 1500vDC on the pair in the final at about
150mA.

There was hardly any wiggle on the modulator plate current meter, but man
it modulated the final to it's fullest!

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR

--
Operating your AM rig without a scope is like driving our car at night
without headlights. (~K4KYV)

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR