[AMRadio] OT question

Tom tfne.tom at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 14:55:05 EDT 2017

Back in the early 1980s, I bought a tube-type VHF-Low band receiver from a
neighbor's tag sale. It was either an Electra or Regency if I recall
correctly.

Everything where I lived at the time was on low-band, and with about 10
feet of wire thrown out the window managed to log a few Midwestern public
safety comms from SE NY.  Especially liked to hear the power companies
during  the Summer.

Started on my ham ticket shortly afterwards and got my Novice the day
before my 15th birthday.

A lot of those old low-band receivers are easily moved up to 6 meters.

73,
Tom W1WSO/7 (ex-KA2UCP, KB1LKV)

---Sent via wireless device. Please excuse any spelling errors or typos.