[AMRadio] Cross-posting

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Mon Jul 17 16:33:10 EDT 2017

On 7/17/2017 3:06 PM, w5jo at brightok.net wrote:
> Without thinking (imagine that) I hit reply all so as to post a public
> response and it goes to all the reflectors where I don't have a membership

Exactly, Jim, and that's why I think the practice should be banned.
Most reflectors are set (rightly IMHO) to require "Reply to All" for a
message to go to the group, so if someone has cross-posted the reply
will also go to those where the sender may not be a member unless one is
careful to edit the reply.   Far better to simply use one reflector at a
time.   If you don't get the answer you hope for, the repost to another
one - sorta like trying different bands.

Let me just add that The 5th annual CE Boatanchor will be held this
weekend (July 22-23) at Storybrook Farms, Jonesborough, TN. There will
be an exhibit area where you can display and demonstrate equipment from
the 1940's to the mid-1960's,  a variety of technical discussions and
workshops and, new this year, a special events station.   While the
focus is on vintage SSB, those who enjoy AM and boatanchor radios in
general are certainly welcome.    For more information:
http://www.ce-multiphase.com/

73, Bob W9RAN