[AMRadio] Going to have to draw it, or maybe not...

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 22 00:23:09 EDT 2017

Does anybody have a schematic of the Heathkit HWA 17 FM transmit adapter? The schematic is no where on the internet.  If not, does anybody know if it is a reactance modulator or a phase modulator?

I bit the bullet and bought some of the Digikey 'crystals' that cost about $4 each, and you tell them what to program them for.  Must be a quick process, as I ordered them and got a shipping confirmation a few hours later.  This is an experiment to see if they can be made to work in vintage gear, I ordered a couple of them for HF and VHF, not considering what type of modulator the HWA17 actually is.  They should work fine with a phase modulator, but might require a bit more work for the other.  Will have to make up a little circuit board to mount the DIP style 4 pin chip to, hoping with a 5v B+, the output will be in the 2-4v P to P range and not need an amp.  We'll see... said the blind man to his deaf daughter.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC