[AMRadio] HVAC RFI Question

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sat Jul 29 22:15:59 EDT 2017

Mark,
    If you don't mind, what was the manufacturer of the system you purchased? Is the price I mentioned in my original post in line with what you paid for? My system is 4 Ton, with gas heat.
   I would also worry a lot about lightning. I live in a single story ranch style house. The hamshack and antenna is at one side, and the HVAC on the other side. I took a direct hit to my tower several years ago. A neighbor said he saw it hit, and sustain. My rg8x feedline was vaporized...In the ham shack, I had the B&W coax switch set to ground. I lost NOTHING in the shack!! It did take out a channel of the lawn sprinkler controller, one solenoid underground, every connected HDMI port in the house, One garage door opener, the HVAC thermostat, and furnice controller PCB. Fortunately, the HVAC PCB was old enough that the 3rd parties had reverse engineered it. I had a new (non OEM) board installed for less than $200 including labor.

JimWd5JKO