[AMRadio] HVAC RFI Question

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sun Jul 30 08:57:56 EDT 2017

Thanks for all the input guys......
I am leaning away from the more sophisticated system. The extra $4K is a deterrent to me, and since the ROI could easily be offset by crap outs. The warranties often are parts only too, so failures can still be expensive.
 This morning I woke to the usual blower noise with no airflow. It was iced up again. I got this down now, an every 2-3 day event. The water return freezes too since it is wrapped with the freon lines. I get a 2 gallon bucket, and a funnel, and some boiling hot water. The hot water is to thaw the water return line...takes 3-4 tries, and that clears that. Then in parallel with that, I put on the gas heater to 80 degrees...within 30 minutes, I have 4 gallons of water into the bucket. Then switch to AC, cold air with lots of flow at the registers. Had 3 pounds of R22 added 6 weeks ago. The going rate for R22 is $110/pound. I got it for $75/#.

The RFI issue seems to be a crapshoot.
JimWd5JKO