[AMRadio] HVAC RFI Question

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 10:24:46 EDT 2017

That sounds like what's in my system.  In a year or two DuPont won't
be allowed to make any more so the market value has skyrocketed.

It cost around 500 bucks to have a guy come out last year and go over
my system, clean the A fame, and put in 2 1/2 pounds of refrigerant.

I just found the invoice from last year.  Yep, R-22 and it cost me
$268.   to melt the A-Frame evaporator I just ran the blower without
the A/C on and that melted the ice in around 30 minutes.

I was told last summer that if this thing craps out again, be ready to
have to get a whole new setup, evaporator, lines, compressor,
everything because even if they could find the leak and patch it, they
can't just put the new refrigerant into the old system.  So far mine
is holding together; probably a slow leak.

73
Rob
K5UJ