[AMRadio] HVAC RFI Question

Gary Schafer garyschafer at largeriver.net
Sun Jul 30 12:55:16 EDT 2017

Hi Jim,

You have a leak in the system. Usually the evaporator coil or the condenser
coil. Most likely the evaporator coil.
Have the AC guy check for leaks with a Freon leak detector. You can replace
just the coil for a couple of hundred bucks.
If the condenser coil outside is pretty well corroded you are probably
better off replacing the whole system.

With 45 years in the Florida salt air I had experienced both problems.

73
Gary  K4FMX