[AMRadio] HVAC RFI Question

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Mon Jul 31 07:46:30 EDT 2017

      From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo at gmail.com>

>I was younger then and I could handle it but over 600 people died that
>summer up here due to heat related causes.  Up here we aren't used to
>it.  We can deal with 30 below zero okay but not the high heat.

A new twist has developed. The XYL is extremely sensitive to mold, pollen, or any smell. A 20 minute walk outside is enough to trigger a 3 day allergic response. Now she is convinced that the AC is her problem, and she stayed outside last night! Guess what..she is reacting. It was a mistake on my part to use the heater to speed the defrosting of the evaporator coils since that put a smell into the house.
I need to move fast on AC replacement. I do have a Portable AC (14K BTU) that I can put in the master bedroom, perhaps tonight.

Had a little time Saturday to update PowerSDR for my Flex 5000a. KE9NS has been on a rampage the past year and a half, with about 1 update per week on average. Finally got the ability to flip the audio phase 180...something useful for AM.

Jim Wd5JKO