[AMRadio] What the ARRL failed to do....

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 10 12:05:50 EDT 2017

Well, it appears that what the ARRL has failed to do so far, eliminate AM and vintage gear operation, may be eventually killed from another direction.  With the demise of ICM, and with info that has come down the pike, at the present time, there is no source of crystals other than NOS or used, for the restoration or maintenance of vintage gear, especially sideband in the filtering and carrier osc areas, or any rig that uses a heterodyne setup for band switching.  Even the beloved solid state rigs from Japan in wide use still will fall by the wayside.  Rigs needing front panel style frequency setting crystals can go VFO or maybe even the little NE555 setable jobs you can get from China for a couple bucks with some circuit modifications.  I guess I better get back on the Meissner Sig Shifter project.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC