[AMRadio] I wonder what happened to them

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 14:28:25 EDT 2017

That is quite a story Durff thanks very much.  In ER#2, there is an
interview by Bill KD0HG (SK) with Kenneth Richardson on the state of
tubes.   Now, that was 28 years ago but it is revealing and adds
another piece in the story of where tube manufacturing went.  We mourn
the loss of tubes and justifiably so, but these people were
businessmen in suits and ties making decisions based on sales in the
millions and trying to compete with off shore labor costs--it was all
a business to them, not much romance for the lit filaments like we
have.

73
Rob
K5UJ