[AMRadio] Micamold caps

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 12:11:57 EDT 2017

Could someone confirm my interpretation of a Micamold 4 dot cap that has a black body,  the dots are Brown, Black(actually no color just the body) and orange as a .01ufd?  The 4th dot in the top right  corner all by itself is yellow.  Of course, they are all shorted, but the 3 that are green/black/orange which should be .05, I actually got a reading around .5, but it was failing the leak test too.  The yellow dot in the corner is a mystery unless it indicates a 400 volt cap, but if that is the actual multiplier, then they would be .1 and .5 ufd caps.  These caps are the same ones in the BC348 that masquerade as low value resistors. This is in a Boonton Type 185 receiver, and have been unable to locate a schematic or information for it anywhere.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC