[AMRadio] Barker-and-Williamson-850A-tank-coil-assembly need tomake new spacers

Alan Victor amvictor at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 22 22:18:54 EDT 2017

Jim, here are the instructions for modification of the TOP winding:

Modify top section of 175 choke.
Remove only top section of choke winding.

Then wind exactly 1 inch of wire close wound followed by a 3/16 in gap.
Pulling the wind up that 3/16 inch distance and then....

Wind 1 inch again to finish wire end to upper post.

A remeasure of the anti resonant frequency pushes the choke capability out
to 50 MHz or 6 meters. Alan