[AMRadio] Ham Radio in decline?

Fabio Bonucci, IK0IXI ik0ixi at ik0ixi.it
Mon May 1 04:52:07 EDT 2017

According to my experience, I think that ham radio is still in good shape.

Homebrewing, QRP, CW rag chewing, VHF to GHz activities, vintage rigs
restoration and so on.....thousands of hams are daily involved in a lot
of activities, all devoted to sustain our wonderful amateur world. What
else?

Sure, thing are changing in this modern world: radio is less actractive
then years ago, but I want to believe that ham radio will always find a
way to survive. A great part of our world is gone, but what remain must
to be preserved. Example: let use modern media to inform people about
our world. Facebook for example, as well Internet itself and web pages.
Soldering iron and computer mouse should to work together, more ever.

I think that the only thing to do is to continue on this road, trying to
involve as many people as possible showing what ham radio is and what it
can do.

73 Fabio Bonucci, IK0IXI
www.ik0ixi.it