[AMRadio] Yeeee Hawwww

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon May 1 21:14:06 EDT 2017

On 05/01/2017 08:06 PM, Ken Blume wrote:
> As I recall for Novice in 1956 we had to draw the schematic for a full and half wave power supply & explain the use of the components. Also the circuit for Pierce, Colpitts and Hartley oscillators.
> Then the formulae to determine the length of various antennas etc. plus the rules and regulations.

I remember dad saying that when he took the test, in 1936, the
requirement from "The Great White Father" was to draw a transmitter
schematic, from the oscillator to the final, and label the components
and their values.

...fast forward 80 years...

the test is multiple-guess ... and they want to make it 'easier'?

....Shaking my head...