[AMRadio] Yeeee Hawwww

Bill Guyger bguyger at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 01:32:19 EDT 2017

I'm an engineer for 6 of the radio stations here in Dallas. For about 2 years we had a Chief that didn't know that 6 300pf caps in parallel equaled 1800p. He almost started tearing a Harris (now GatesAir) 3DX 50 apart thinking that those mica caps in the output network were fubar. Fortunately I caught him in time.

Not sure how he got the job in the first place other than he had pictures of the former Director of Engineering with a showboy at NAB in Las Vegas. But then the former DOE asked me why a status power supply in transmitter selector contractor cabinet only had two diodes. Answer..... I used a center tapped filament transformer.

Cake and ice cream were had in the engineering shop when I deleted Darth Fluffy (the former Chief) from the security access system and the active directory.

Bill AD5OL

Sent from my iPhone