[AMRadio] NEAR-Fest XXII Photos

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 18:03:28 EDT 2017

Hey Rob -

Well buddy, I was thinking of you on a couple levels: first, I also have
the exciter and finally found a manual last spring (used your online
version numerous times) so we travel a similar road there. Actually had an
exciter for years but sold it in 2008 to KA1SHU in Maine who had the 150-B
to go with it. Came across the other a year ago at NEAR-Fest, and the
transmitter came with one last week.

Originally, I was following up on another 150-B I had heard about last year
possibly coming up for sale then rumors of another. I remembered you were
interested so was ready to email you if they both showed up. Neither did.
The one I got only surfaced a month or so back and ended up being a buddy
in VT from the AM crew. Never knew he had one. He's had it for 25 years and
never knew I was looking for one. And we're 'communicators'...! Posted a
few more photos on 'fone:  http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=43283.0

The old girl has more than a few issues, the worst being hacks done to the
RF section. Started ripping those out last night. Someone made it into a
mono band rig. Hoping to find a replacement RF unit but planning
(expecting) to hunt down the pieces needed to repair this one. Did some
hammer work on the cabinet this afternoon which was wracked and bent a bit.
Much better now.

If you're still interested, there's a good chance one is coming up in the
next year. Best way to handle shipping if you're not in a rush is to use
the AM Pony Express - find someone heading your way, have it hauled to
Dayton, pay for gas, etc. Have moved a number of big pieces up and down the
eastern seaboard for folks in recent years free of charge. Happy to help
you out on this end any way I can.

The HT-20 went home with WA2PJP(in the photo) for $200. Very nice shape but
Joe, being a perfectionist, is going to do it over completely. He also
found a SX-88 in NJ a while back for $350 IIRC, which has been stripped
down completely and is being rebuilt/repainted. W0YVA screens the front
panels for both.

The Meissner is my last transmitter acquisition. Won't rule out some neat
pre-war/early piece but no more heavyweights.

~ Todd/KAQ