[AMRadio] Tek 535/545 vertical amp calibration question

Larry Szendrei ne1s at securespeed.us
Sun Oct 29 13:19:01 EDT 2017

Thanks for the comments, Jim, and good to hear from you.

Yeah, I've got a 535A and an RM45 (rack-mount version of the 545).
Unfortunately, they've both had repairs which preclude "just leaving the
adjustments alone." I received some very helpful feedback from another
reflector which sent me to this link:

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/topic/951626?p=,,,20,0,0,0::,,,0,0,0,951626

I've got an extra plug-in I can modify to serve the purpose of the
missing adaptor. It's an extremely simple procedure to do so.

I've never had the HV problem you described in either scope, or with my
Tek 575 curve tracer. The HV transformer is an open-frame (not the
potted type) in each; maybe that's why.

73,
-Larry/NE1S