[AMRadio] CQ 29.0MHz

Larry Szendrei ne1s at securespeed.us
Mon Oct 30 06:47:56 EDT 2017

On 10/29/17 9:43 PM, mark wrote:
> Just curious, do any of you guys ever do 6 Meter AM? I always wanted a
> Clegg Zeus. Thought they were pretty neat radios.
>
> Mark KD9CXH

About 10 years ago or so there were a bunch of local hams here in
southern Maine who got fired up about getting on 6M AM with the
then-plentiful rigs of the 19050s and 1960s. There was a net every
Thursday night, and you could generally find someone on 50.4 MHz just
about any time of day to talk to. Interest has waned, though, and now I
hear almost nothing. I'm guilty myself, because I didn't do my part to
keep the frequency active.

There are groups to the south of me that have regular get-togethers on
6M AM, I think 50.4, but they are just a little to far from me under
normal conditions to make contact. I've listened when they're on, and
sometimes I can just hear someone, but not enough to understand what's
being said. The closer folks in that group have their antennas pointed
away from me.

My 6M/2M AM station is still all set up to go on a moment's notice; but
with so little activity I barely listen anymore.

73,
-Larry/NE1S