[AMRadio] 6 Meter AM

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 14:29:11 EDT 2017

We have a weekly very informal net here in the upstate of SC and the bottom of NC near the line.  50.4 on Tuesdays at 8PM. Check ins have run from just 2 or 3 to up to 10 on it's best days.  When the band is open, there are many AM signals present, so much we had to QSY off 50.4, and we have worked into Nova Scotia as best DX so far.  Ameco, Heathkit, Lafayette, Gonset, Polytronics, just about all the gear that had 6 meters included are present  including a couple rice boxes in the group.  Receiving systems are mostly converters, Ameco and Heath, and some receivers like Hammarlunds with 6 meters in them.    I recently got a LW51 on the air paired up with a RME VHF 2-11 receiver.  Was hoping to get them onto 2 meter AM as most of that gear  was dual banded for 6 and 2, but nobody has been inspired yet.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC