[AMRadio] 6 Meter AM

K5MYJ macklinbob at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:52:48 EDT 2017

I sure wish we had an interest in VHF AM here in the PNW!

We do have a VHF Weak Signal group but they are almost strictly contest
operators. Their weekly net checkins are just "HI, I'm still here, Goodbye"!

I used to have several Heathkit VHF AM rigs but I sold them because there
was no activity.  But I could hear the local 6M FM repeater on the Shawnee.

I kind of like the Pawnee and Shawnee. But I may look at some of the other
6&2 rigs.

I do have a SB-301 with both the 6M and 2M converters and they do work on
contest days. But it's all SSB.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa.