[AMRadio] Question about HQ-180

Steve Wender tobiebw2 at newmexico.com
Sun Sep 10 21:16:33 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I am about done bringing an HQ-180 back to life.  Because there seemed
to be several versions on the alignment procedure, it took a while to
figure it out.

The question I have is about whether the two variable caps for the main
tuning and bandspread are shielded.  I have seen some pictures showing
what looks like an aluminum box over them.  In fact there is a bolt
sticking up from the caps that can be used to hold down the shield
covers.  Do you think these are necessary? My HQ-180 doesn't have them.
Any opinions?

Thanks,

Steve

KC5WN