[AMRadio] ARRL good report

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 22:30:17 EDT 2017

Don't know if you ever have emailed the tech staff at the League, but they are pretty good at answering those questions you might have after you have given up on a troubleshooting project.  The MT5-A xmitter I sent the email about, I had a question about tapped output versus linked output, and also said I had no idea what this rig looked like originally since I had no pictures.  After I had scoured the internet chasing leads for about a year,  Zack Lau found some pix by the next day and sent them to me, and as the saying goes, one pic is worth a thousand words.  This is both bad and good, since now that I have the pix, I also see what a hack job was done to the 40/80 tank circuit.  In the 'heart failure 101' class, the 40/80 output tank is a Miniductor #3016, the online search brought up a site that claims to be B&W and sells B&W Miniductors.  The online B&W site had the coil at the bargain price of $100.  Sorry MT5, you ain't getting a new coil.  Not sure if it is really B&W or somebody using their moniker because Surp Sales of NE has on their site that they bought all of the B&W inventory when they closed.    But, Surp. Sales of NE did not even list a #3016 but did have a NOS #3020 which is the same 32 TPI and wire size but in a 1 1/4" diameter, for only 15 bucks, that is quite reasonable.  Break out the GDO and find some tap points

Charlie W4MEC in NC