[AMRadio] Flip side of ARRL good report

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Mon Sep 25 17:13:32 EDT 2017

> Maybe he is out of town, or has me blocked as an emailer after my last
> discussion with him, but the 'Regulatory and Advocacy' fellow at the League
> did not comment on what I asked last week.  With the announcement of the
> FCC going to look over all its rules and regs and weed out the archaic ones,  I
> asked if the ARRL, this time, would put it in simple words, that the ARRL
> supports the continued operation of AM on the ham bands.  No mode by
> bandwidth smoke screen, just a simple statement.  Hopefully they will not
> weasel word their support of AM this time.

> Charlie, W4MEC in NC

I'm not  sure that would accomplish anything.  In fact, it might be  counterproductive by suggesting the possibility that AM should NOT be continued.

I would recommend instead to use this as an opportunity to revisit the AM power issue.  For a narrative of the entire 1982-1991 proceeding at the FCC, go to
https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/am-power-issue-revisited.581553/

YOU MAY HAVE TO COPY THE ABOVE URL IN FULL AND PASTE IT INTO THE ADDRESS BAR OF YOUR BROWSER, SINCE THIS  FORUM OFTEN RENDERS URLS UNUSABLE DUE TO SPORADIC LINE BREAKS

---