[AMRadio] Mike, WA5CMI

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Mon Jan 1 12:26:27 EST 2018

I never met or talked to Mike on the radio, but I have admired his
restoration work, in particular the Globe King 500 that is featured on
his website.   I saw that transmitter in Gary Harmon's garage a few
months prior to Mike acquiring it, and it was every bit as nasty as it
looks in the "before" pics.   I've undertaken some challenging
restorations but this one needed "everything", and that's just what Mike
gave it.  It takes a real love for the hobby to give a radio that kind
of attention, and clearly Mike had it.

As a really cool footnote to that restoration, Mike received a phone
call from Leo Meyerson himself.   Both are now members of the roundtable
celestial.

73, Bob W9RAN