[AMRadio] Any WRL Globe Scout experts out there?

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 20:23:27 EST 2018

The Globe Scout I am working on has an issue with the PC91 Pentacoupler.  The main thing I am wondering is that, internally, the PC91 has a 4.7 meg resistor feeding B+ to the screen of the pentode section of the 6U8A. I do no recall ever seeing a screen resistor that high in any audio amp circuit.  In this PC91, that particular resistor is reading 8 Megs, the other two are high in value, but not that high, only about15% off. Are there any mods out there for changing the mic amp circuit in this TX?  Does it really need a change or just pull the PC91 out and  put the right discrete components in the amp circuit as shown in the schematic of the PC91, and leave that section stock?

Charlie, W4MEC in NC