[AMRadio] Any WRL Globe Scout experts out there?

Lee Bahr L at w0vt.us
Thu Jan 4 20:47:32 EST 2018

Charlie,

All I can tell you is I have replaced the pentacoupler with discreet
parts for the same reason as you describe.  I used the same values as in
the pentacoupler and had no problem.  The resistor is not going to lower
voltage very much as it draws very little current.  That would not be
true if the circuit drew a lot of current.  The speech amp tubes have
around 55 volts on their plates.  Their source voltage started out at
around 500 volts. Just put in the discreet parts and if you are
concerned, check to see if you have around 55 volts on the plates of the
audio pre-amp tubes.

Lee, w0vt