[Hallicrafters] Capacitor replacement questions

David C. Hallam dhallam at rapidsys.com
Mon Jul 17 12:22:04 EDT 2006


mmf and pf are interchangeable units, m is 10 -6; mm and p are both 10 -12
A chart isn't necessary just substitute pf for mmf.

SBE made "orange drop" are probably the most commonly used replacement
capacitor as they are high quality.  However I personally don't like them as
they have radial leads are sometimes hard to mount.  Any current manufacture
polystyrene/polyester capacitor is much superior to the old capacitors.  The
service conditions in a receiver are not severe and impose no difficult
operations conditions on a capacitor.


-----Original Message-----
From: hallicrafters-bounces at mailman.qth.net
[mailto:hallicrafters-bounces at mailman.qth.net]On Behalf Of Darryl
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 12:02 PM
To: Hallicrafters
Subject: [Hallicrafters] Capacitor replacement questions

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to find out if mmf means pf on old capacitors, and if anyone has
a link to a chart?

Also, when replacing paper caps, I've noticed that most use "orange drop"
types as a replacement.
Is it the general consensus that these are the best replacements?

Thanks for your help,


Hallicrafters mailing list
Home: http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/hallicrafters
Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.html
Post: mailto:Hallicrafters at mailman.qth.net
List Administrator: Duane Fischer, W8DBF **for assistance**
dfischer at usol.com
Hallicrafters Collectors International: http://www.w9wze.org

More information about the Hallicrafters mailing list

This page last updated 16 Dec 2017.