[Hallicrafters] SX28 hot & blue 6V6s

Guido laffitte at prtc.net
Thu Aug 25 20:40:42 EDT 2011

Gents,

  It has been a while since my last post but I keep a daily track of this list. My SX28 had its first audio transformer replacement about two years ago with two new audio tubes. These are running hot and with a clear all around bluish glow. They run too hot and I don’t think this is normal although we know that 6V6s tend to run with some extra heat but not this much. I am sure that this has been discussed before but either I missed it or my almost 59 years neurons are being depleted. Opinions will be appreciated.

Best 73s

Guido KP4FAR