[Hallicrafters] HT-9

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue May 10 22:16:17 EDT 2011

I also have a pair, a prewar black one and a postwar gray one.
Refurbishing was straightforward, nothing complicated or requiring surgical
tools as with several Halli receivers. No transformer problems and I
restuffed ths can electrolytics.

The cabinets come right off but can get hung up....  it is about 125# your
dealing with.

I gave up even trying to find original jack bars for the 814, made my own
from poly plastic and banana plugs. Coil data is in the manual.

Audio reports are always great, they dont have that ARRL inspired space
shuttle sounding audio that was prevalent in the 50's. When somebody says he
has crisp audio you know he doesnt know what good audio sounds like.

Carl
KM1H