[Hallicrafters] Typewriter ribbons

TC Dailey daileyservices at qwest.net
Wed May 18 15:04:12 EDT 2011

Typewriter ribbons; the kid in Office Max had never seen one!  He did however, point me directly to them.  For those of you who are fortunate enough to own a "mill" (Communications typewriter with the slashed zero and all caps), and enjoy copying CW on one, there are ribbons available at Office Max, and other stores I'm sure.  Look for PORELON  #11422 - it's a red box.  Mine were eight bux and change, so they're not exactly giving them away, but where else ya gonna go?

So now, once again, I can strap on the headphones and pound away on my "anvil model" UNDERWOOD, copying W1AW or 4XZ at 35wpm and down.  (4XZ is the Israeli Navy's station on 4.331 kHz)

Tom - WØEAJ