[Hallicrafters] ZBM1 INT QRV K

TC Dailey daileyservices at qwest.net
Thu May 19 15:18:02 EDT 2011

Long ago and far away, I too pounded the ROYAL and UNDERWOOD "mills" in
Uncle Samuel's Canoe Club.  NPG was most frequently heard, with NPN (Guam),
NPM (USCG), NPO (Canal Zone), and NPL (SDIEGO).  Still have the Johnson
Speed-X I earned my speed-key cert with at COMTRAPAC SDIEGO - used it to
send tfc relating to Kennedy's death, the Tonkin Gulf "incident", and that
ALNAV announcing our "official" entry into Vietnam.

SFRAN most often copied, along with Subic and Pearl.  On a CW net on 4335,
used to hear PJC on 4334 (Netherlands Antilles - now Curacao).. all over the
WORLD.  Finally sent them a QSL in 1993, and got one from the Chief Op,
before they changed modes.  Ended up in SATCOM, so fleet broadcast didn't
mean much anymore.

Tom - WØEAJ - USS VEGA (AF-59)  NQSJ & "Thunderbolt Mike"