[Hallicrafters] Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Paul w2ec at bmjsports.com
Sat May 28 18:12:43 EDT 2011

Times change, unfortunately.

In my early school days (two room school house, grades 1-4 in one room, 5-7 in the other, no such thing as kindergarten, right into grade 1 at 5.) we were required to memorize "Gunga Din, "In Flanders Fields" and the "Gettysburg Address" and recite them in class. Poppys were required wear on 11/11 and there was a 2 minute moment of silence at 11:00am. "Remember Pearl Harbor" was a way of life, not a forgotten cliche. Of course there were some lighter moments too, who all remembers the "duck and cover" drills?

I hate to think of what is being taught (or not taught) in school today.

73,
Paul W2EC