[Hallicrafters] Happy Memorial Day Weekend

W4AWM at aol.com W4AWM at aol.com
Sat May 28 19:14:39 EDT 2011

One thing they don't teach any more is character. Unfortunately that has
even shown up on the ham bands.

73,

John,  W4AWM

In a message dated 5/28/2011 6:13:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
w2ec at bmjsports.com writes:

Times change, unfortunately.

In my  early school days (two room school house, grades 1-4 in one room,
5-7 in the  other, no such thing as kindergarten, right into grade 1 at 5.) we
were  required to memorize "Gunga Din, "In Flanders Fields" and the
"Gettysburg  Address" and recite them in class. Poppys were required wear on 11/11
and  there was a 2 minute moment of silence at 11:00am. "Remember Pearl
Harbor" was  a way of life, not a forgotten cliche. Of course there were some
lighter  moments too, who all remembers the "duck and cover" drills?

I  hate to think of what is being taught (or not taught) in school today.

73,
Paul  W2EC