[Hallicrafters] SX-17 Parts Placement Picture

Roger Shultz nj2r at verizon.net
Wed Feb 1 21:10:29 EST 2012

Can anyone point me to a source of the typical parts placement photo for a
SX-17? Though I have the original manual and have looked at online .pdf
copies, apparently a picture calling out the parts placement was not done
for it.

I do have a SX-16 manual that has the photo and though it and the SX-17 are
quite similar it would really help to find one for the SX-17.

The one I'm working on has been maintained over 72 years and also many of
the original resistors changed out to modern ones making it more difficult
to correlate the original values to what is in place. Additionally someone
added several bathtub caps presumably to replace the original caps all of
which leaves me scratching my head trying to find why it has low, maybe more
correctly no sensitivity in the two RF stages. Because the RF stage tube
sockets are buried under the LC section, even if I find the problem, it's
going to be a challenge to get in there! A picture with parts on it would
really help!

Thanks for any and all help.

73, Roger, NJ2R